Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2022

My Comorbidities (Other Diagnoses)

What is a Comorbidity? 
A comorbidity is a coexisting health condition, or having 2 or more simultaneous medical diagnoses🩺 Specifically, it is often used to describe multiple diagnoses that are commonly seen together. 

Examples: 
For example, you can have heart disease and multiple other comorbidities including high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes🩸Or you can have allergies with a comorbidity of asthma 🩻 Anxiety and depression are also common comorbidities💊

POTS & Comorbidites:
Since POTS is a syndrome, or a group of symptoms and not an specific disease, many patients have multiple other underlying problems and illnesses that contribute to their POTS! We call these comorbidites:) I will explain more about this in my POTS Courses! And as I start introducing my other diagnoses I will refer to them as comorbidities, and now you know what that means! 😊 

My Comorbidites: 
Each week I will post about a new comoribidity and then I will share it on this list:) I will start with my first one tomorrow! 

1) EDS (Ehler-Danlos Syndrome)

2) MCAS (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome)

3) Dysautonomia

          4) Orthostatic Intolerance  

 
POTS Subtypes:  
a. Hyperadrenergic POTS

                    b. Hypovolemic POTS

                    c. Neuropathic POTS 

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary Saturday: Early Satiety

  Summary Saturday: Early Satiety This Symptom of the Week Blog Post focuses on Early Satiety with a summary of everything I talked about th...